TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By registering to participate in the Game you hereby agree to be bound by, and comply with, the Terms in their entirety so please read them carefully before you register.
For your own benefit and protection you should note that the Game involves investing virtual money and therefore the profits and/or losses incurred by you within the Game are not material. When investing your own, actual money, you may (among other investment considerations): (i) get back less than you invest because the value of investments can go down in value as well as up; and (ii) wish to consider taking a longer term perspective than that adopted when playing the Game. If in doubt please seek independent financial advice.
When the following words with capital letters are used in these Terms, this is what they will mean:
- ""Game Period" 8th May 2020 to 17.00 on 21 May 2020.
- "Game Website" means www.curranfutures.ie/topinvestor and any related sub-domains.
- "Curran Futures" means Ross Curran Financial Services Limited, a company registered in the Republic of Ireland, whose registered office is 21 Mary St, Galway. Curran Futures is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Curran Futures sponsors the Game and provides the Prizes.
- "Player" means an eligible person who has completed an online application to enter the Game, which has been accepted.
- "Prize(s)" means the voucher prizes offered to the winning players..
- "You", "you", "Your" or "your" shall mean any user (or potential user) of the Game or any other user of the Game Website.
- Applications and Registration
- No purchase of any item or service is necessary in order to enter the Game and no payment is required from you to enter the Game. The sole consideration from you is that you agree to be bound by the Terms.
- All applications must be made online on the Game Website and strictly in accordance with the relevant instructions. All applications must be fully completed and no application to enter made in any other manner will be accepted. Where your application is accepted, you will become known as a Player.
- Registration is open from 9am on 29th April until 5pm on 7th May 2020
- Curran Futures accepts no responsibility for lost, delayed or incomplete entries or entries not received by Curran Futures for any other reason. Any such entries will be deemed void (concerning which the decision of Curran Futures will be final).
- All entrants to the Game must be aged 16 or over.
- Only one entry in respect of the Game per unique registered user of the Game Website is permitted,.
- Those who do not comply with these Terms, the reasonable instructions of Curran Futures and any requirements stated on the Game Website may be disqualified in Curran Futures sole discretion.
- At any time and in its absolute discretion, Curran Futures reserves the right to:
a) require any reasonable amendment to your application or entry;
b) refuse to accept names created by Players or Company names (and may suspend or delete accounts relating to such names) which are deemed to be inappropriate or offensive;
c) remove a Player from the Game if such Player does not act in accordance with the Terms, or the spirit of the Terms or is suspected of playing under a false identity;
d) disqualify Players from the Game;
e) close the registration to further registrations should the Game's capacity be reached or for any other reason.
- The Game Rules
- The Game Rules in this term 3 should be read in addition to the "About the Game" section of the Game Website, which contains useful information and instructions about how to play the game and forms part of these Terms.
- As part of the registration process, you will be able to build a portfolio of investments by investing a notional €10,000 (credited to your account on registration) in a choice of funds..
- The aim of the Game is to accumulate the highest overall portfolio value by the end of the Game Period.
- The registration process is described in the "About the Game" section of the Game Website and users must meet the eligibility criteria in term 2 above to become validly registered.
- During the Game Period Players will be able to view their own portfolio performance on the ‘Investment League Table’ published by 17.00 daily.
- Daily pricing will be used for portfolio valuation and performance measurement purposes.
- Performance will be measured by calculating the percentage change over the relevant period which will be displayed in the Game to two decimal places only.
- Curran Futures reserve the right to alter, amend or supplement the "About the Game" sections of the Game Website or these Terms from time to time in their absolute discretion where they consider it desirable to do so or in the event of any circumstances beyond their reasonable control. You agree that no liability shall attach to Curran Futures a result of any such change and so are advised to check the Terms and the "About the Game" sections regularly.
- Curran Futures will be the sole decision makers of any matter or interpretation of these Terms and any aspect of the content of, or playing of the Game or the administration of Player accounts. In particular, the decision of Curran Futures as to any matter arising out of or in connection with these Terms including eligibility to participate and/ or the award of any Prizes shall be final and conclusive. Further, if the Game is not capable of running as planned for any reason (or where they consider it necessary in the event of any legal or regulatory challenge), Curran Futures reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Game, which may include, without limitation, not awarding one or more (or any) prizes, altering the Game mechanic and/or extending or cutting short the Game Period. You agree that no liability shall attach to Curran Futures as a result of exercising any discretion under this term.
4. Prize Eligibility
- Only individuals who are validly registered Players in accordance with term 2, meet the general eligibility conditions outlined in this term 4 and satisfy the additional specific conditions relating to each particular Prize as outlined in term 5, are eligible to win a Prize.
- Employees of Curran Futures will be ineligible to win any of the Prizes.
- In the event of a tie for any of the Prizes, following the tie-breaker process, that Prize will be split between all tied entries.
- In no event shall Curran Futures be liable to award more Prizes than those Prizes stated.
- The Prizes awarded will be at the discretion of Curran Futures, and Curran Futures may alter and amend the Prizes.
- Curran Futures cannot be held responsible if the details supplied by Players are incorrect and result in the notification of the Prize announcement event not being received. It is the Player's responsibility to check for email notifications including within their own junk email folders or diversion of emails by spam filters. If you use a program to filter spam emails please add the following email address to your approved senders list: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A list of the names and counties of prize winners will be available on the Game Website Winners' names, social media profile and/or photographic images and their comments relating to the Prizes may be used without limitation for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes by Curran Futures without notice to them and without any fee being paid.
- Prizes - Specific Conditions
The conditions in this term 5 apply to each particular Prize (as specified) in addition to the General eligibility conditions outlined at term 4 above.
- Overall Player Prize. The overall Player Prize is awarded to the Player who, according to Curran Futures’s determination, has the highest portfolio value at the end of the Game Period and appears at the top of the final overall Player leader board published by Curran Futures.
- Should more than one Player finish the game period with the same portfolio value, and be eligible for a prize as a result of their position, the use of the tie-breaker question will be applied. This question, to be answered at the point of registration, asks the Player to guess the likely final valuation of their portfolio. The Player who guesses closest to the actual final valuation shall be considered the Winner. The player who loses out on the basis of the tiebreaker question shall move into the next lowest position. If more than two Players are competing for the Prizes on the basis of the tiebreaker question, the final position of these players will be determined by the relative closeness of their guess of the final valuation.
- The Game Website is provided solely for Players (and potential Players) of the Game, does not cater for particular requirements and should not be used for making actual investment decisions (other than virtual investment decisions within the Game). The Website may not be used by any other third party or commercial organisation without the prior express written consent from Curran Futures.
- The Game Website may contain information provided by third parties. It is the responsibility of these respective third parties to ensure this information is reliable and accurate and Curran Futures accept no liability in relation to this information.
- All copyright and other intellectual property rights in any material (including text, photographs and other images and sound) contained on the Game Website is either owned by Curran Futures or has been licensed to Curran Futures by the right owner(s) for use by Curran Futures on the Game Website.
- The works referred to in term 7.f are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You must not modify the paper or digital copies you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Curran Futures status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Game Website
- Curran Futures is willing to investigate complaints by players to ensure that the high standards of the Game are maintained and can be contacted at email@example.com However, Curran Futures decision is final and it shall not be obliged to enter into any correspondence regarding the Game or the rewarding of any Prizes.
- Responsibilities and Remedies
- The extent of Curran Futures responsibility to you should be determined by reference to the fact that (a) the Game has been provided to you free of charge; (b) you are responsible for any action you do or do not take as a result of the Game. Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms, nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude in any way any entity's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, for fraud or for any other liability that may not be limited or excluded as a matter of law.
- While Curran Futures will exercise reasonable skill and care in providing any service related to the Game to you, you acknowledge that access to the Game cannot be guaranteed at all times or without delay. The operation of the online services relating to the Game may be suspended where Curran Futures considers it necessary, including without limitation where operations have to be suspended for technical problems, emergencies, investigation, maintenance or Game updates.
- Curran Futures shall not be liable to you or to any person or entity for any loss, damage or claim arising from or in connection with the Game or any Prize. In particular (but without limiting the generality of the foregoing) Curran Futures cannot accept any liability from you for the following types of loss which you may suffer from your entry to the Game:
a) Loss which was not foreseeable to you, Curran Futures when you first applied for the Game;
b) Any business loss you may suffer, including loss of revenue, profits or anticipated savings;
c) Any loss you may suffer in connection with a Prize;
d) Loss which you suffer other than as a result of our failure to comply with these Terms or our negligence or breach of statutory duty.
- If any of these Terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Republic of Ireland